Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Apple Raisin Bread Pudding

I have a recipe!!!!
So my brother in law mentioned that he missed his mother's bread pudding. I had to admit I had never made it before so I would look into it. Still having apples left over from my applesauce (see previous post), I decided I would make it an apple bread pudding. I looked online for recipes, this one is modeled after Betty Crockers Old Fashioned, and as is my way, I tend to pull ingredients in from other recipes to make them my own. It came out AMAZING!!

2 C. milk
1/4 cup butter
2 eggs
3/4 C. sugar (I used 1/2 C. white sugar and 1/4 C. brown sugar)
1 tsp. Cinnamon (you can use any kind of cinnamon, I grated a cinnamon stick)
a dash of nutmeg (I am not a huge fan of nutmeg, so I go light on it)
1 tsp. vanilla
6 cups of cubed bread. I used everyday white bread, recipes often say use stale bread, french bread or italian bread because of their hardness, so you don't get slimy or runny bread pudding. We didn't get either of this, so I am going to say: go with any kind of bread you want.
1/2 cup of raisins
1 apple diced

The next time I make this I will add:
1/2 cup of walnuts and pecans

Heat oven to 350. Heat milk and butter over medium heat until hot (don't scold the milk!). Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon. Stir in the bread, raisins and apples, then stir in the milk. Pour into any shaped baking pan and bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes. You should see the pudding pulling away from the sides when it is done.
Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment