Thursday, January 30, 2014

Homemade Granola


Granola is a great treat! It's healthy, its a great source of energy, and its much cheaper when you make it yourself.
If you know me, you know I don't measure. So I'm going to give some rough estimations, and you can always google similar recipes and add or subtract ingredients according to your tastes.
300 degree oven
3-4 cups of oats
1/4 cups of almonds, pecans and walnuts each
1/4-1/2 cup raisins
tsp of cinnamon
1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4-1/2 cup of any dried fruits. Strawberries, bananas, apples (I dry my own fruits, I have a simple recipe I'm adding after this post).
1/4 honey1/4 vegetable oil
tsp of vanilla
Mix together, spread out evenly on a cookie sheet. Throw it in the oven and check and stir it approx. every 10 minutes. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, don't over cook it because you are going to let it cool in the sheet and it will continue to crisp there.  When it is cool, put it in a air tight container. I stir in some chocolate chips at this process for a little treat. You can also choose to add your dried fruits at this stage if you want. It comes out great adding it before or after.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment