Sunday, February 28, 2010

Say That 3 Times Fast 2-28-10

Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Raisin Nut Bread



I was looking all over the web for an oatmeal raisin bread recipe. Everything I found wanted to give me a bread loaf, sandwich style, with yeast, which wasn't what I wanted. I found an apple bread recipe of my mothers and made some great tweaks to it, and ta-da, one of the best breads I have eaten.

Here's the recipe:
Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Raisin Nut Bread
makes 2 loaves

1/4 C. Shortening
1 C. Sugar (or do what I did 1/2 c. white sugar, 1/2 c. light brown sugar)
1 Well beaten egg
1/2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 c. Flour
dash of salt (love my moms recipes)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. applesauce (I used homemade applesauce, which is a little chunky, you could also use a peeled, cored, and chopped apple instead)
1/2 c. nuts (I used walnuts, I am particular to them)
1/2 c. raisins
(you can add more raisins or nuts to suit your taste, I didn't really measure the raisins and nuts I just poured until it looked like it was enough) :)

Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg and stir. Blend in milk. Add dry ingredients, then apple, raisins and nuts. Pour into greased bread pans and bake at 350 for about 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment